Upside Down Apple Souffle Recipe!
3 tbsp cooking oil
3 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 apples; peeled, cored and sliced
2 egg whites, at room temperature
1/8 tsp cream of tartar (we skipped this ingredient)
2 tbsp sugar
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup flour (we used gluten-free, but you can use whatever you like!)
1. Heat oil in round, medium frying pan
2. Mix sugar and cinnamon in a custart cup and sprinkler over bottom of frying pan
3. Place apple slices in circular pattern
4. Cook apples slowly on medium/low heat for 5-8minutes till transparent
5. Meanwhile, beat egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar
6. Continue beating, gradually adding 2 tbsp sugar until whites form stiff peaks.
7. Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon coloured.
8. Beat in bilk, baking powder, salt and flour
9. Gently fold egg yolk mixture into egg white mixture (be careful here!)
10. Spread egg mixture evenly over apples
11. Cover handle of frying pan with aluminum foil ( I don't think we did this.....hmmm)
12. Bake at 400 F for 20 minutes
13. Loosen edges of souffle and place a dinner plate on top of frying pan
14. In one quick motion, flip souffle over onto the plate.
15. Cut into wedges and serve! (Enjoy as is, or with syrup and vanilla ice cream!)
It really is a GREAT recipe! Best part about it... it tastes SUPER GOOD gluten free!
Oh, you may have noticed a little 'fresh' widget on the right hand side of my blog, as well as one for 'midkid'. My classmate, Cara, showed me this! It's a widget that you can add to your blog! Simply copy the html code below my picture, log on to your blog, click 'add gadget' and chose the html option, and then paste my code where it says 'content' and voila!
If you want to make your own widget, just ask me and I can help you now (thanks to Cara!) They are great because it can increase traffic to your own blog, kinda like an add, and it's a much cuter way of having "blogs that i follow" because it comes with a cute picture!